Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Politics of FaceBook

When I saw that a candidate for president in the recent presidential elections in Slovenia has a Facebook profile I was very much amazed. It seems politicians have discovered the potential of social networking sites for their promotion. When browsing further I found Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and John Mccain all have profiles.

When Browsing still further, I could not find any profiles for Slovene politicians with the exception of the aforementioned candidate who is now president, Danilo Türk. I did find some scam pages for Lojze Peterle, Jožef Jerovšek and Alojz Sok. I also found some user generated groups commemorating the recently deceased former president Janez Drnovšek, and a group pushing for the Ljubljana airport to be named after him.

No comments: